It’s been nearly 2 years since the animated Walt Disney film took the world by storm. Toddlers and young children everywhere are still belting out Academy Award winning “Let It Go”, sporting platinum blonde braided wigs like Elsa, and admiring the bravery and courage of Anna.
Although temperatures are rising throughout Dallas and Fort Worth, many children are requesting Frozen-themed parties for their summer birthdays. Understandably, this makes many parents nervous as the main component of Frozen is the cold. However, there is a Frozen-themed party that actually fits right into summer.
Olaf-Themed Frozen Birthday Party
For those unfamiliar with the Disney film, one of the most popular characters is a talking snowman named Olaf, whom Elsa and Anna built together as kids. He takes part in Anna’s adventure, remaining a loyal companion to her throughout her journey. One of Olaf’s favorite things is summer. Although he has never experienced it himself, he dreams of the heat singing, “a drink in my hand, my snow up against the burning sand, probably getting gorgeously tanned in summer” – of course, not knowing what actually happens to snowmen in the heat. At the end of the movie his friends find a way for him to enjoy the warmer weather without melting.
An Olaf-in-Summer theme is the perfect twist on a Frozen birthday party during the warmer months. Since most parties revolve around Anna and Elsa, this will be a breath of fresh air among parents who have probably attended at least 15 other Frozen birthday parties within the past 2 years. Here are some ideas to include in your Olaf themed party:
- Summer décor. One of the most difficult parts of planning a Frozen-themed birthday party is finding licensed decorations. With the theme’s popularity, many stores struggle to keep them on the shelf. However, with an Olaf in Summer party, you can use summer decorations that are readily available at discount stores and party supply stores everywhere. Hula skirts, Hawaiian leis, beach balls and umbrellas, sand, and tropical flowers come together to create the perfect setting for your party.
- Snow cones and homemade syrup. This summer-favorite is a sweet, ice cold treat that also matches the party theme. With ice delivery services like Emergency Ice, there is no need for a snow cone machine. Simply order a few bags of snow ice and keep them in the freezer until ready to serve. If you’d like the snow cone texture to be a bit finer, pop a few cups in the blender to crush further. Snow cone syrup can also be made at home. Combine sugar, water, and 1 package of unsweetened Kool-Aid (blue for Olaf) and place in a squeeze bottle so that it’s ready to drizzle over your snow cones come party day.
- “Melted Olaf”. Although poor Olaf may not realize it, everyone around him knows that a snowman’s real fate in the sun is a puddle of water. A water station labeled “Melted Snowman” puts a punny twist on a party necessity. Fill a water dispenser with water, ice cubes, and of course – a carrot for Olaf’s nose.
- Artificial snow. Olaf came to be as Anna and Elsa sang the film’s hit, “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?”; so it’s only appropriate that we honor his origin. Mr. Cool Snow Parties delivers cold, fresh, powdery white snow straight to your party venue. Your guests will love building snowmen in the middle of June!
- Snow slide. Another way to incorporate the “Frozen” theme in the summer months is a snow slide. The Mr. Cool Luge, is covered in ice-cold snow that guests can glide down time and time again – and all in the middle of a Texas summer.